VeRa 4.0 Compact
Compact and powerful control unit with many interfaces
VeRa 4.0 Compact ports VEMAC’s prototyping and low-volume production technology of the VeRa family into a small, compact and cost-optimized design, but without compromising on computing power. Version 4.0 marks the start of the new generation of our RCP ECUs: based on NXP’s advanced MPC5777C microprocessor, with 3-core technology specially designed for safety-relevant automotive applications. The bus connectivity is extended by 2 additional CAN busses (CAN FD) and Ethernet/BroadR-Reach.
For programming all ECUs of the VeRa family, the well-proven VeRa-TC tool chain is available, which allows software to be developed completely model-based. The code generator used is Mathworks Simulink Coder for prototype applications and dSPACE Targetlink for production applications.
Today, electronic systems are the innovation drivers for all comfort, safety, and environmental protection functions, which are created by new sensors and actuators in combination with software, some of which is highly complex. For use in passenger cars, commercial vehicles, agricultural machinery and construction vehicles, these new functions must be integrated into complex E/E architectures, which requires a high degree of networking via a wide variety of buses (CAN, LIN, SENT, BroadR-Reach).
Vera 4.0 Compact meets these requirements while bringing the interfaces for current and future sensors and actuators, all fully diagnosable.
The device is successfully used by our customers in the following areas, for example:
- Gateway functions
- integration of new sensors/actuators
- hybrid drives as VCU
- general applications in the powertrain, body and chassis area
- Freescale MPC 5777C with 2×300 MHz + z7 lockstep core
- Intel FPGA Cyclone 10
- CLANG Compiler / WindRiver Compiler
- Matlab/Simulink libraries for microcontroller and FPGA
- code generation with Simulink/Stateflow Coder or Targetlink
- flexible, adaptable blockset for hardware abstraction
- XCP interface for calibration systems such as ETAS INCA, dSPACE-CDNG, ATI-Vision
- 4x CAN + 2x CAN FD
- prepared for BroadR-Reach
- suitable for developments according to ISO 26262